Colour in Fireworks
Once a swatch is assigned, it will always load unless removed.
To assign a colour from the swatch panel
- Open a canvas and place a shape on it.
- Ensure the swatch panle is open Windows/Swatches.
- In the properties panel either select its fill or outline
- Now pick desired colour from the swatch panel.
Assigning and Loading Swatches
- In the swatch panel select Options.
- From here other swatch groups can be loaded. The default in “Color Cubes”
- Imported swatch groups are usuall .act or .gif type
- To add a colour to the swatches use the “eye dropper” tool to select the colour then click on an empty slot in the swatch panel.
- To replace a swatch hold the Shift key down when dropping a colour on to it.
- To remove the Swatch click control and click on swatch.
Kuler is a color tool accessible either directly on their web site at kuler.adobe.com or from within Fireworks CS4 Windows/Extensions/Kuler. Once registered with Kuler you are able to create your own swatches or download from the library.
Using the Fireworks tool find a theme you like by clicking on the Browse button. Then select “add selected theme to swatch. If you want to create your own , click on the Create button.
These notes can be printed
A full screen HD video of this tutorial is available Here or click within the video box