Flash CS3 cannot shape tween text, only basic shapes. Hence to tween a letter it must be first converted to a shape.
- Select the text tool and type a letter “A” at frame 1. Press escape to exit out of text mode.
- Select frame 20 and insert a keyframe (F6). This represents a change in content.
- Edit the letter “A” to a letter “B”
- Select frame 1 with the letter A and press Ctrl+B. This convert the letter to a shape (break apart).
- Select frame 20 with the letter B and press Ctrl+B. This converts the letter to a shape
- Select frame 1 and in the properties bos set tween to “shape”.
This tutorial shows you how to create symbols for use in adobe flash CS3 motion tweens. Extra instances of symbols used does not increase required memory resources.
- In the library tab select the “new symbol” icon. Then enter its name and select “graphic”.
- Draw the graphic on the stage. Notice it now appears in the symbol library tab (the current view is the symbol stage not the main stage)
- To align the symbol on the stage, use the align tools panel.
Another method is to draw the image on the stage and then using your selection tool right click on it and select “convert to symbol”.
This tutorial produces a small movie using flash CS3. It does so using a frame by frame animation. Each frame will be different, hence all frames will be key frames.
- Select the number of frames which will represent your stack of paper
- Right mouse click on this selection and pick “convert to blank keyframes”
- Draw an image in frame 1
- Select frame 2 and draw the next instance of the animation.
- Repeat until all the frames are complete
Note : To assist with creating the animation select the “onion skin” icon and adjust its markers such that previous frames can be seen while drawing the current frame.
This tutorial allows two shapes to be morphed together using a shape tween in adobe flash.
- Select frame 1 and draw your first shape in it. This is the animation start point.
- Select the last frame and insert a blank keyframe (insert/time line/blank keyframes). this is the end point.
- Draw the secound shape in the last frame.
- Reselect frame 1 and in the properties panel set tween = shape
Do not insert keyframes at step 2 as this denotes all selected frames are the same.
Do not insert frames as this denotes unchanged frames.