A step by step tutorial, to install and configure a Post Nuke content management system website (CMS). This article includes installing postnuke customisations.
1. Create the domain on your host server with php support. Preferably in the root directory.
2. Create the mysql database on your host and note the name, user and password.
3. Using an FTP program connect to the site and up load all the postnuke files to the domains root directory
1. Navigate to your domain (install.php)
2. Follow the on screen installation notes. Do not tick the box “create database”
3. At the login screen edit the information for your required login details
4. Remember to delete the install directories and files as instructed.
1. Upload the PNPHPBB2 files to the /modules/ directory
2. In postnuke go to admin/modules/ Hit “regenerate” and then find the pnphpbb2 entry and Initiate it
3. To add “forums” to the postnuke menu, go to admin/blocks/main menu. Add the forums entry to the menu configuration. The link entry will be http://faction.cellxgaming.com/index.php?name=PNPHPBB2
Adding a theme
1. Download the runtime client for AT-Lite (postnuke) from www.spidean.com. Upload it to the postnuke directory as its install notes.
2. Initiate it in the admin/modules section. Regenerate if you cant see it in the list
3. Upload your new theme into the /theme/ directory and set its permissions as instructed.
4. In the postnuke setup menu select the theme.
5. If the theme includes install files to theme the forums as well, then install them.
1. Create a new block in the postnuke admin area core/html
2. Name it as “shout box”
3. Add to its contents the html shout box code as supplied by the shoutbox hosting site.
1. Goto postnuke admin/blocks/new block and select core/html
2. Paste your picture html code into it
1. Goto admin/blocks/newblock
2. Select core/search box
1. download the post calendar files
2. Upload post calendar to the /modules/ directory
2. Install as its instructions
3. Go to blocks/main menu and add an entry in the menu configuration form for postcalendar. Entry will be [postcalendar]
1. Activate the members _list module
2. Go to blocks/main menu and add an entry in the menu configuration form for the members list. Entry will be [Members_List]
• Deactivate search box
• Remove from the navigation menu [downloads] and [reviews]
• Position “incoming” block to the top left
• Rename “Sections” nav to “information”
• Set up email notification on news articles
• Add information
• Do tags
• Categories and topics
This article attempts to describe the workings of Postnuke so that admins and users can go about organising and using postnuke.
This allows members to post questions, and for admins to give answers. The results show up under the FAQ section. Each question can be assigned a category and sub category to allow categorisation of FAQ’s. Admin can design the Faq layout and categories, under administration/content/faq.
The FAQ Nav button must be setup in the administration/system/blocks/main menu area [FAQ].
Topics are used to sectionalise “News Articles” and “Stories”. A Nav menu button allows access to sectionalised news articles. Topics are set up in administration/content/topic. Icons can also be setup for each topic category. The Topic category is assigned to “Submit_News” and “Add Story”
Users are able to submit news stories to admin for approval and publishing. “Topic” and “Category” can be assigned to them for sorting and displaying via “Topic” and “Category” Nav buttons. Once published they appear on the home page as a new article. They can also be accessed via the “News”, “Category” and “Topic” nav buttons. Options for setting up email notifications are in administration/content/submit_news.